Sept. 1, 2012 officially marks the beginning of Blog Month at Compassion.
What is Blog Month? It’s a robust month of blogging, prizes, giveaways, and getting more children sponsored via the Internet than any previous September in our history.
The goal? 3,108 children sponsored between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30.
How can you participate? To be eligible you must be a Compassion Blogger. All you need to do is sign-up. You can do that here:
On Tuesday, Sept. 4 the first blogging assignment will go out. From then on you will receive a new assignment each Monday during September.
Each assignment will get your creative juices flowing and will help us all stay focused on the goal.
Remember the goal? To get more children sponsored via the Internet than any previous September in our history. 3,108 children.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
We have a whole slew of official contest rules that you can read here (PDF). But, the things that you most need to know are:
- To be eligible you must be signed up to the Compassion Blogger Network.
- You must blog on the topics received in the email.
- To get the prizes and/or giveaways you must email the link of each post to email@example.com.
You can write about the assignments anytime in September, but you’ll quickly realize that for the prizes, not the giveaways, writing sooner rather than later may be advantageous.
Notification of prize winners and giveaway recipients will occur on Monday, October 8 via a blog post published on blog.compassion.com. So, hold tight during this month!
Now, to the good stuff. These are the giveaways:
- Complete one blogging assignment and you will receive a free electronic copy of You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins.
- Complete two blogging assignments and you’ll receive You Are a Writer PLUS Jeff’s newest book, Wrecked. This will also be an ebook.
- Complete three assignments and you will receive You Are a Writer, Wrecked AND a copy of Just a Minute by Wess Stafford, president of Compassion International (hardback).
- Complete all four blogging assignments and you will receive the first three books PLUS a copy of Michael Hyatt’s new book Platform (hardback).
Learn more about these incredible books over on our blog.
Then there’s the prizes.
Each assignment will have a prize associated with it, and the details of how to win will be in each week’s email (so read the email)!
The prizes include:
- gift certificates to the Compassion online store ($25, $50 and $100)
- family and child gifts for your sponsored child ($25, $50 and $100)
- copies of Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts
- a spot (FREE) on one of our blog trips in 2013
You heard me right.
The blogger who brings in the most sponsorships through their blog between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30 will get to travel with some of our top name bloggers to a country where Compassion works.
While on this trip you will get to blog from the field, meet some incredible people, and you will get to experience Compassion’s ministry to the poor up close and personal.
Just in case you missed it, I do not know that you blogged UNLESS you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your post. This is important. If we don’t know you blogged, how can we give you a prize?! Exactly.
We’ve created a badge for you to use on your blog to let people know you are participating in blog month. Add it today!
Be sure to checkout the other badges we’ve created for you to let people know you blog for Compassion.
We hope you’re as excited about blog month as we are and will join us as we set out to change the lives of 3,108 children (and then some more) in 30 days.