I have been jumping at the opportunity to send you this email; jumping for a little over one month now.
It is my privilege to announce that next month is officially Blog Month at Compassion.
What is Blog Month? It’s a robust month of blogging, prizes, giveaways, and getting more children sponsored via the Internet than any previous September in our history.
The goal? 3,108 children sponsored between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30.
How are we going to keep the momentum going for 30 days? Assignments! And prizes. 😉
I’ll get you kicked off on Tuesday, Sept. 4 with the first assignment. From then on you will receive a new assignment each Monday during September.
Each assignment will get your creative juices flowing and will help us all stay focused on the goal.
Remember the goal? To get more children sponsored via the Internet than any previous September in our history. 3,108 children.
I mentioned prizes and giveaways, didn’t I? Oh yes! Here’s how that works.
To be eligible you must be a Compassion Blogger, and since you got this email, you’re in.
Of course, you must also blog on the topics in each assignment.
Now, to the good stuff:
- Complete one blogging assignment and you will receive a free electronic copy of You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins.
- Complete two blogging assignments and you’ll receive You Are a Writer PLUS Jeff’s newest book, Wrecked. This will also be an ebook.
- Complete three assignments and you will receive You Are a Writer, Wrecked AND a copy of Just a Minute by Wess Stafford, president of Compassion International (hardback).
- Complete all four blogging assignments and you will receive the first three books PLUS a copy of Michael Hyatt’s new book Platform (hardback).
Learn more about these incredible books over on our blog.
You can write about the assignments anytime in September, but you’ll quickly realize that for the prizes, not the giveaways, writing sooner rather than later may be advantageous.
Oh yes, then there’s the prizes…(where’s my Vanna White when I need her?)
Each assignment will have a prize associated with it, and the details of how to win will be in each week’s email.
The prizes include:
- gift certificates to the Compassion online store ($25, $50 and $100)
- family and child gifts for your sponsored child ($25, $50 and $100)
- copies of Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts
- a spot (FREE) on one of our blog trips in 2013
You heard me right.
The blogger who brings in the most sponsorships through their blog between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30 will get to travel with some of our top name bloggers to a country where Compassion works.
While on this trip you will get to blog from the field, meet some incredible people, and you will get to experience Compassion’s ministry to the poor up close and personal.
Please remember, as with all past assignments, I do not know that you blogged UNLESS you email me at [email protected] with the link to your post. This is important. If I don’t know you blogged, how can I give you a prize?! Exactly.
What can you do now?
- Add the blog badge to your blog to let people know you are participating.
- Write a short post about your commitment to join us for Blog Month.
- Encourage your readers to sign-up so they too can share in this amazing opportunity to rescue children from poverty in one big blogging effort.
We hope you’re as excited about blog month as we are and will join us as we set out to change the lives of 3,108 children (and then some more) in 30 days.