“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:31 NIV)
“Like a good neighbor…” we all know the end to that insurance statement! Being a good neighbor has permeated pop culture over the years, but the initial command to love your neighbor came from Jesus himself. This month, write about your interpretation of Jesus’ command to love your neighbor.
– What does it mean to be a good neighbor?
– Who is the neighbor God has you here to serve?
– How will you know whether or not we are being successful in loving our neighbor?
In addition to the writing prompt, we have a special offer for those who share a fundraising effort Compassion is working on for children in Tanzania.
1. Link to the fundraiser within your blog
2. Send an email with your blog link to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Receive a special letter and photo of one of your sponsored children!
Find more information about the fundraiser at compassion.com/malaria-intervention