It’s week two of our #ItsAboutGiving campaign.
#ItsAboutGiving is about painting a complete picture of giving this holiday season. It’s also about raising $20,000 for children in poverty this Christmas.
Help us reach this goal and you may win a $50 gift for you sponsored child.
What Does it Look Like to Give Biblically in Today’s Culture?
This week, we want you to write about what it looks like to give Biblically in today’s culture.
Cozy up next to the fire and ruminate on this:
- What did giving look like when you were a kid?
- What did giving look like before the Internet and PayPal?
- How does giving look today with the resources we have available to us? Resources that hundred thousands of people around the world do not have access to.
Like in the last assignment, do not forget to ask your readers to donate to the Compassion Christmas Gift Catalog. You must link to the catalog using this exact link: http://www.compassion.com/catalog.htm?referer=128060
(Just copy and paste!)
Last week I told you that we are using our social media channels to paint a complete picture of giving. I introduced how you can use Pinterest to communicate what giving means to you. (Keep those pins coming! If you need a refresher visit our blog post.)
I would also like to invite you to use Instagram during these 20 Days About Giving:
- Between now and Dec. 22, show us the joy, the reward, the sacrifice, the time, the variety, the pain, etc. of giving by tagging your photos on Instagram with #itsaboutgiving.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but submitting another person’s work is not.
- The top five tagged photos, as judged by a panel of Compassion employees, will earn a $50 gift for the photographer’s sponsored child and may be featured on compassion.com, blog.compassion.com and in our social media accounts.
Remember, this week’s assignment is to write a post about what it means to give Biblically in today’s culture and to ask your readers to donate.
Email me the link to your post at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the posts from last week were featured on the Compassion Bloggers website and shared in our social media channels!
The holiday season can be difficult for so many, but you can let God use your voice this season to remind people what it is all about. Your post could be a message that someone needed to receive at just the right moment.
And, God willing, it will be an entryway for children in poverty to receive $20,000 dollars in gifts this season.
(Download the complete contest rules to get a full explanation on how you can win $50 for your sponsored child.)
Note: If you are not a Compassion Blogger, you can sign-up here to receive these assignments via email. It’s super easy.